Today our little Swedish family arrive so an early start to the day.
I left the house about 07.30 and had a good run up to Manchester Airport arriving about 0900. The weather wasn't too bad, just overcast and cold.
I could have stayed in bed a bit longer as Jim phoned me while I was waiting to say that the flight was delayed by about 45mins. Anyway the plane landed at 10.00 and they came through about 30mins later. It had only been a week but it was great to see them again. All this flying must have seemed strange to Johan but he seems to take it all in his stride.
We got back to Jane's house by 12.15 and a big reunion for Johan and his Nanna. We got Elin, Jim and Johan settled in on the top floor and Johan loved the stairs, all two long flights. We finally dragged Johan away from his climbing and went out to lunch at a nice restaurant, and farm shop, that Jane had introduced us to at Battlefield 1403.
Called in to Tesco to pick up some provisions. I find all these shopping expeditions very interesting, not really to compare prices as there is nothing we can do about it, but to see all the different local and European products.
Back at Janes to relax while Johan explored his new temporary domain.
I phoned Waterstones in Shrewsbury and ordered books for Ray, for his birthday, and for Arthur.
When Jane arrived home from work, she was an instant success with Johan.
We ended a very eventful day with a very nice dinner cooked by Glynn and then introduced Elin and Jim to The Bridge!
No comments:
Post a Comment