Wednesday, August 14, 2019

The Holiday continues ....

Tuesday 28th May 

Isn't technology wonderful.
This day of the holiday we spoke to our family on the other side of the world via Skype, we learnt that it had snowed at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains and I paid our council rates.
Its so taken for granted.

Today we were being taken out for lunch but on the way we visited a very interesting craft centre before a visit to Dartington manor.





This table was in the Great Hall. It is very long but I just wish I had thought to measure how long it was. In the photo, two of the three supports can be seen, with the third one just behind a red chair.

 
The table top consisted of these three full length huge planks, each one over 50mm thick.

The roof structure of the Great Hall .

The original kitchens of the Manor have been converted into a very nice dinning room.
 


We were being taken for lunch to 'The Riverford Field Kitchen' at Buckfastleigh.
We had been shown the menu before hand and I must admit I couldn't see anything that appealed to me but was prepared to give it a go.

The interesting roof line of The Riverford Field Kitchen.


Very nice and comfortable internal decor.

This is the menu that gave me some concern. A lot of things on there I had never heard of but it was all fresh, grown in their own extensive gardens and served on huge platters.

I needn't have worried as it was one of the most enjoyable restaurant meals I have had in a long time.
The deserts were to die for!!

The company as always made it a truly memorable occasion.

The carpark even had a charge point for electric vehicles.

Just goes to show, I should never judge a restaurant by its menu!!



No comments: