Monday, June 17, 2013

Holiday 2012 - Day 53

We woke to an overcast morning and it didn't get any better when I discovered that the hammer drill that we borrowed from Fredrick didnt, hammer that is.

I just knew I should have gone ahead and bought one weeks ago.

We went to pick up the new microwave oven and had fika next door at Mio. We then went over the road to a hardware store and while Jim did what he had to do, I checked out the drills and circular saws.

Back at the apartment, Jim and I set about installing the microwave. The space it was to go in had originally been a cupboard so the first thing to do was remove the door. We drilled a hole through the left hand side of the cupboard so that we could pass the oven electrical cable and plug down to the nearest wall socket. It was a little fiddly to fit the oven and the surrounding trim section but I think the result looks good, and the oven works!!






These are the relocated storage cupboards in the entrance hall.



This is the recess where the cupboards used to be. Some patching has been done so now it needs painting and new skirting boards fitted.  When its finished we are going to fit in a desk and it will become Jim's computer centre.

Nice evening watching episodes of Restoration Man on TV which we hadn't seen.

No comments: