
Beneath all this vegetation is the maintenance department and workshops of No1 Robert Street. The shed is generally a hive of activity but I have noticed lately that I have needed the lights on even during the day as the shed has become overgrown.

So it all had to go!! Any bushes or vines touching the shed were cut right back. The vines had got onto the roof and into the gutters so the gutters needed replacing.

With this make over, came the end of an era. If you look closely at the photo above you will notice above the windows what appears to be a vine. It is, but a painted one to camouflage the copper gas pipe leading to my pottery kiln. This work was done by Becky when still at school but sadly will now get painted over.

Before..........

and after..........

When I cleaned the doors back I found that they were lovely old cedar ones.

A job well done, even if I do say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment